Our mission is to practice and preserve the art and craft of the goldsmith through the design, creation, repair and restoration of fine jewelry. We bring these traditions to our customers with every job we do.
Kenyon Jewelers was founded in 1924 by two brothers, Bret Kenyon and Leonard Kenyon Sr. The brothers were watchmakers who came to Pittsburgh from Binghamton N.Y. with hopes of building a watch repair business against the landscape of an industrial boom. They settled in Wilkinsburg, PA, a small community bordering Pittsburgh to the East. They chose Wilkinsburg because of its railroad industry. At that time, if you worked on the rails, a watch in top running condition was an invaluable tool. The brothers’ watch repair business flourished, and soon the watch repair business became watch sales and service and eventually a full service retail jewelry store. Leonard Kenyon Jr. joined the family business in the 1950s and was the driving force behind the relocation in 1964 to our present location. The store flourished under Leonard Kenyon Jr. until his retirement in 1996. The business has continued on due to the love and dedication of two long time Kenyon employees, David Virostek and Douglas Duffus, who took ownership of the store upon Leonard’s retirement. Kenyon Jewelers has continued serving Pittsburgh’s east neighborhoods with a tradition ingrained in service, pride in workmanship, and a reputation for quality.
About Our Store
While Kenyon Jewelers started as a watch repair business, we have evolved over the years into a business more centered on the design, creation, repair and restoration of fine jewelry, with less of an emphasis on watch repair. Kenyon Jewelers is a traditional style jewelry store selling gold, platinum and silver jewelry set with diamonds, precious gemstones and pearls. We also specialize in vintage and estate jewelry and watches. Our services include custom designed and handmade jewelry made to order, jewelry repairs, antique jewelry restorations, engraving, pearl restringing, appraisals and minor watch repairs while you wait.
Why Kenyon Jewelers
- We have a unique and affordable inventory, featuring both contemporary and estate jewelry.
- We have a high level of technical knowledge and ability.
- We provide the same level of quality you would expect from a high end independent jeweler at much lower prices.
- We have an in- house workshop with three experienced jewelers available at all times to assist and answer questions.
- We have longevity in business with a commitment to quality.
- We have the ability to service the needs of a broad spectrum of customers.
- We are always happy to help you with your small jobs as well as your big ones.
- Our store has a friendly mom and pop atmosphere and a no pressure sales environment.